Our Growing Kids

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Badlands Trip and First Bears Game


I haven't been able to post recently because my camera connection started crashing my laptop since I downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 3. After 1 1/2 hours on the phone with Microsoft about the issue, it still wasn't fixed. They told me to download a new driver for the camera (printer did some thing), but I did that and it still crashes. So, now I'm working from the desktop for pictures. Fun stuff--aren't computers wonderful?

Ok, enough ranting. We flew down to Rapid City from Friday to Sunday on Labor Day weekend. It was a nice little family vacation to celebrate Andrea's birthday. It was pretty busy. The highlight of the trip was our hiking through the badlands at Badlands National Park. It was very hot but we went in the morning with Alex in the Baby Bjorn and had a good time. We ate dinner at two nice restaurants downtown and enjoyed the nice weather all weekend. We came back early Sunday and had some friends over Sunday night (Monday was a holiday) for a big dinner, drinks, and Singstar.

The week was pretty uneventful and then this past weekend, Andy and I went to the AF Ball while Heather and David watched Alex for us. (Bless their hearts because he still doesn't want to drink milk from a bottle or sippy cup!!) Sunday we had a bunch of people over to tailgate for the Bears first regular season game.

Alex is doing great eating lots of fruits and veggies and also likes little finger foods like Cheerios, Gerber puffs and wagonwheels, and little pieces of banana and cooked carrot. He still is working on learning to pick the little things up himself, so mostly we have to feed him those. He doesn't have any teeth poking through yet. He loves to help with the spoon during his meals, but often gets more of the food on his fingers and face (and hair and ears) than into his mouth. He still likes the sippy cup with water, diluted apple juice, and milk (as long as its not replacing a meal from mom). He's been doing better spending some time on his tummy and can turn himself side to side. From sitting, he reaches forward until he falls over to get things, but hasn't started to creep or rise up on his knees yet. He seems to have his first little cold, or it may just be allergies, I'm not sure which yet. He likes some new toys like his soft blocks and stacking rings and a new favorite pasttime is to walk around while we hold his hands. He almost had his first group daycare experience today while I was at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)--they provide free childcare there. But there were so many little ones at this first meeting of the year that several of us had to keep our babies on our laps--so he lucked out and got to stay with mom. He's been enjoying stopping at the little playgrounds on base during our walks and riding in the bucket swings and down the sliding boards. He is quite the little studmuffin and gets all kinds of comments from people when we are out. Some say he looks like the Gerber baby and some say like a Cabbage Patch Kid...funny! I had some pictures taken at Sears this week that turned out pretty good. Here's a link to the Sears Pics. I've also uploaded a few sets of our own pictures. Here are those links. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Maria said...

GO STEELERS!

Yiotula said...

You all look great and happy. Hope that all is well in the magic city. We miss you guys. I'll try and give a call sometime soon.