
Luckily Alex's little costume was really warm, because it was cold out on Halloween night. We just sat on our porch to greet the trick-or-treaters and got lots of oohs and aahs on our cute little penguin. We eventually had to put mittens on him because it was so cold. He did really well with the costume, even through a few times on and off to webcam with the grandparents. He did go next door and picked out a candy bar from the neighbors' bowl--so I guess he's officially been trick-or-treating too. He is really enjoying standing up to play, but can't pull himself up yet. He looks like he is getting closer to crawling every day. He can stand to be on his belly a lot more now and does a lot of rolling over tummy to back to tummy, etc, all in one direction, so he kind of goes in a circle. He also is getting better at going from sitting to leaning forward or sideways until he is on his knees for a little. Then he rocks back and forth until he gets tired and frustrated and cries or lunges and falls to his belly. The poor kiddo has another cold. I'm not sure he ever completely got over his last one. I'm praying it clears up before our trip on Tuesday. Alex and I are flying to Philadelphia and visiting in PA with my dad, aunts and uncles, and friends, then after about a week, we are flying to Knoxville to visit with my mom and stepdad for a week.
I forgot to mention in our last post that we officially found out we are moving next year to Montgomery. Andy will be attending Air Command and Staff College at Maxwell AFB. Two of our good friends here are also going so that will be fun. The rentals go very quickly once the school list comes out, so we've already got a lease in the works for renting a house in East Montgomery. The school lasts about 10 months, and we'll be moving from Minot in July 09. The countdown is on!!
Alex likes to play with the big exercise ball I have. I put him on it to bounce and roll, but he also just likes to stand with it, and watch it bounce and roll.

1 comment:
Hi Andi,
Alex is adorable! I love his costume. I got the rug through Pottery Barn Kids. When T Jay was a baby, they had this whole airplane line. They have done several variations since then so you might be able to find one. Good luck! Congrats on your upcoming move.
Post a Comment