Here is Alex enjoying a gingerbread cookie on his first Christmas!
Here's Alex with his first stocking.

Here's Alex getting kissed by mommy on Christmas morning.

Here's Alex clapping with daddy for presents.

We had a fun Christmas at home, just the three of us. Alex woke us up early, had fun with the presents, and actually liked to play with them when they were openned. That was surprising, I thought he would be more into the paper than the toys. He liked the gingerbread cookies and his Christmas dinner of ham, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, and veggie casserole. Luckily he has two more little teeth starting to poke through to help the one that's already through, because he likes to eat all kinds of foods now. I can't believe we are coming up on his birthday, I'm planning a little party for him right now. We are also getting him baptized just before his birthday, hopefully with some family visiting to share in both events. We are taking a trip to Illinois to visit with the McElvaine side of family over MLK weekend. Alex will get to meet his Aunt Michelle, Andy's sister, Uncle Rob, her husband, and cousins Robby and Beth. We've gotten more snow this year so far than all 5 other winters we've been here. It's been super cold since early Dec and no signs of warming up or less snow...it's -15 outside right now, never mind the wind chill! Oh well, last winter in Minot so I just keep thinking of warmer places and enjoying snuggling with Alex inside! We did get a few pictures of him in the snow pile in front of our house. It's much bigger now!
Andy's mom came to visit for a few days after Christmas and spent lots of time taking care of Alex. That was great because I could do my work (I'm still doing my temp civilian job) and Andy and I got to go out to dinner one night and a movie another night...we saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and I would highly recommend it, a very good movie--then again, it's only the second movie I've seen in a theater in 2008. Happy new year!! Here are the Pictures from Christmas 2008
Here's Alex getting kissed by mommy on Christmas morning.
Here's Alex clapping with daddy for presents.
We had a fun Christmas at home, just the three of us. Alex woke us up early, had fun with the presents, and actually liked to play with them when they were openned. That was surprising, I thought he would be more into the paper than the toys. He liked the gingerbread cookies and his Christmas dinner of ham, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, and veggie casserole. Luckily he has two more little teeth starting to poke through to help the one that's already through, because he likes to eat all kinds of foods now. I can't believe we are coming up on his birthday, I'm planning a little party for him right now. We are also getting him baptized just before his birthday, hopefully with some family visiting to share in both events. We are taking a trip to Illinois to visit with the McElvaine side of family over MLK weekend. Alex will get to meet his Aunt Michelle, Andy's sister, Uncle Rob, her husband, and cousins Robby and Beth. We've gotten more snow this year so far than all 5 other winters we've been here. It's been super cold since early Dec and no signs of warming up or less snow...it's -15 outside right now, never mind the wind chill! Oh well, last winter in Minot so I just keep thinking of warmer places and enjoying snuggling with Alex inside! We did get a few pictures of him in the snow pile in front of our house. It's much bigger now!



No comments:
Post a Comment