Our Growing Kids

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

10 Weeks Old



This week is better than last. After a whole week of refusing to sleep laying down, I took Alex to the doctor on Friday. He has a little reflux it seems, so we got some zantac to help him feel better. Whether or not that's it, naps came back into vogue on Saturday and have been going pretty well, so mom feels better about it.

This weekend Alex went to the officer's club on Friday night and met lots of people there, including the mayor and some other Minot officials. Saturday he went to the Pages for dinner, and on Sunday to the Kruses. Lots of socializing for the little boy!

This week has been mild but windy and so mom has taken him for errands on base walking in her moby wrap. He loves the thing, he gets to be held right against my chest, so he just falls asleep while I walk. I put a floppy hat on to keep the sun and wind off of him, and he seems to be very content. Plus, I get my exercise and my errands done. Tuesday was nice enough to go for a jogging stroller run.

Alex is still completely enthralled with the star on his playmat that makes music and flashing different colored lights. He just smiles and kicks his arms and legs all around. I turn it back on up to 4 times in a row before he loses interest. Today is a first...Alex fell asleep after playing on his play mat. That's his zonked picture. The other one is him having tummy time with his little piano toy, which he also liked. One other favorite pasttime is flying on mommy's shins (mom's ab workout) and through the air (mom's arm workout) while mom makes funny faces to make Alex smile. He is becoming more aware of lots of things. Watching mom eat crunchy thungs was apparently today's entertainment highlight.

Speaking of flying, I got to go fly on Saturday and on Tuesday night, so the flying portion of my biennial flight review is done, and I just need to do the ground portion before I can go fly on my own again.

Here's some pictures from this week.

No comments: