Alex enjoyed his first Fourth of July helping his daddy smoke baby back ribs and brisket. Grandpa Chuck flew to ND that day in his Cardinal and arrived in time to enjoy dinner with us.
I left really early the next morning along with dad and our friend Bubba to fly back to IL with dad, then turn around and fly back to ND (Bubba and I) in my Mooney. It was a crazy long day...we stopped in Brookings, SD on the way down and back, and arrived back in Minot at about 1:30am. The weather the next day didn't look too great, so that's why we flew back the same day. Andy survived 22 hours alone with Alex...the longest yet!
The next day, July 6th, was our 6th anniversary. Andy arranged for our friends Kerry and Dan to watch Alex that evening so we could go enjoy a dinner together at Michael's restaurant, and then we went to Barnes and Noble for a coffee and cookie. It was nice to have a date together. It was our first since having the baby...ironically, our last date was the night I went into labor, and we ate at Michael's that night too...February 16th.
Since that big weekend, Andy has been very busy with work. I've been trying to get smart on my plane and all the nuances of owning your own plane. I found a hangar (finally and luckily) in Kenmare, ND...about a 50 minute drive away. It's well worth the drive and money to keep Noble hangared. I just need to watch out for all the crop dusters that fly out of there!
We went on a family flight this past Sunday when the weather was absolutely beautiful. We flew around ND for about an hour and Alex did great in his car seat strapped into the back seat of the plane with cotton sticking out his ears.
Alex has been rolling over more and more. He can sit on his own for several seconds at a time. He seems less happy with rice cereal this week for some reason. We tried a little bit of mashed banana today and he liked that better. He has been doing a great job of sleeping at night, putting himself down to sleep with just a little help and back to sleep when he wakes up most of the time. He has also started laughing a little bit, mostly when you tickle his belly. He really likes to play with his toys or whatever he can get his hands on, like my hair, your glass or food, Andy's beer bottle. He's also discovering his feet more and more. He loves to stand up, more than sitting or laying down. So we spend a lot of time holding him on our laps or on the floor. He can hold himself up on the ottoman for a little while.
We're getting ready (and I'm getting anxious) for our trip to FL at the end of the month. We leave on the 30th. Andy gets back on the 5th, and Alex and I return on the 12th, since we are going to TN to see my mom and stepdad after FL. I can't wait to take Alex to the beach!
Here's some pictures from the past 2 weeks.



No comments:
Post a Comment