Our Growing Kids

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We are all sick--again

Well, the whole family is sick again. Andy is actually in Shreveport this week, so I can't vouch for his sickness level (apparently not bad enough to prevent multiple golf games), but Alex and I are both pretty bad off. According to the pediatrician, Alex has the flu and an ear infection. Lovely. As for me, I have some sort of severe cold mostly in my chest, so I've been hacking away for days. Just to make it more fun, I re-pinched the nerve in my back, same as I did about 5 years ago. I also had mastitis though that has mostly cleared up. So, it's been a fun week!! Poor Alex has had a cold since the 14th, but he's been running a fever since Saturday and seemed to be getting worse. Now he's on the disgusting pink antibiotics he hates for the ear infection, but there's not much to do for the flu symptoms except tylenol. He is sleeping quite a bit during the day, and not too badly at night. I can't take him to the cdc while he is this sick, so we've just been home together. Andy comes home tomorrow, and hopefully we'll all start feeling better soon! According to the downtown pediatrician's office this week, Alex weighed 21 lbs, 7 oz. It was much later in the day than his weigh-in at his one year appointment last week and on a different scale, so I guess that's why there is such a big difference.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You poor thing! OF COURSE your husband would be gone during all of this! Hang in there - sending lots of sympathy your way! :(