Our Growing Kids

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

August: Evey is 7 months and has a Tooth!











At least it is still August when I am getting to this blog post with the pictures of Evey turning 7 months on August 2nd! You can't see it very well but she has one little tooth on the bottom right center that broke through at the very end of July. This month has been fun watching her make attempts to become more mobile. She's been trying all the standard baby moves...rocking while sitting (sometimes until she falls onto her belly and face), pushing up to all fours, scooting backwards and in circles. Every once in a while she makes some forward progress with hands, face, knees, toes, belly all making floor contact at some point in her modified army crawl. Just this week, she has begun to pull herself up while holding onto a toy. So full-up crawling is in our near future I'm sure!! She is wearing size 3 diapers and mostly 9 month clothes. Her toes are poking out of some footed pajamas though, so we are looking at size 12 months pretty soon for anything with feet! She is enjoying eating lots of fruits, veggies, grains, and yogurt. She drinks her water from the sippy cup with handles pretty well on her own and wants to feed herself everything. So I am doing much more cutting up little pieces rather than pureeing foods.








In the world of Alex, he had a 30 month checkup with the pediatrician. He is 31 1/4 pounds (66%) and 35.5 inches (30%) tall with a 19 inch head circumference (26%). He started at a new pre-school this week at a different church than last year. He goes Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 to 1. He has done great with drop-off, not crying at all. He seems to really enjoy it and his best little buddy Jacob is there in his class too, so that makes it even better. I really like their schedule and programs for the kids and Alex loves the playground. His teachers seem great and the school does some neat things that his old school did not offer, so I am happy with the switch so far.








We went to Atlanta at the end of July to visit with Kelly and Chris. Andy and Chris had to do work while there, so Kelly and I took the kids to the Imagine It children's museum. Alex had a blast there, but came down with a mystery fever that afternoon, which put a damper on the rest of the day. He magically got better when I brought him some M&Ms and a Thomas bubble whistle along with the Tylenol. Funny how that works... So it ended up being a little crazy but still a good trip and nice visit.

We are ready for some cooler weather around here and are trying to settle into the school routine. Andy and I are both training to do a sprint triathlon in September. I am still trying to figure out my fall/winter half and full marathon plan, but will definitely do the half here in Montgomery in October.

Here are the latest pictures from August!

1 comment:

Ronnie and Suzi said...

OMG! She is getting so big!! Wish you guys lived closer. I have a feeling her and Anna would get along real well!