Here's some pictures of my second week of life.
I had my first water bath and my first walk outside in the balmy 47 degree weather. I got to meet my Grandma and Grandpa Brooke for the first time--that's two more wrapped around my tiny little finger!
I went to the hospital on base twice to get weighed on Tuesday and Friday and have been gaining weight steadily--back up to my birth weight for sure. That's probably because I'm eating like a champ and conserving my energy between feedings by sleeping it off. I'm not much of a cryer right now, but I might just be saving up for a few weeks down the road.
I've decided it's much more fun to poop and pee all over mom and dad when they take my diaper off than when I have it on. I also let them know when I don't like my outfit by spitting up all over it. This way I get fresh new clothes and changing pads all the time. They get me back by trying to take cute naked pictures of me and laughing at me the whole time, and my mom keeps trying to wash me up.
Sammie the cat has become my protector, nuzzling me when I fret. Munchkin mostly wishes I would go back where I came from I think, as she sniffs me a little then just walks away.
So, all in all, this place isn't too bad...



1 comment:
I can't get over how beautiful Alex is!! And I love your commentary/journaling on how things are going!! Very funny and touching and I look forward to each and every post!!
Post a Comment